During 2015, DUNN logged over 302,000 work-hours with ZERO recordable incidents.
Nowhere is Dunn Building Company’s emphasis on people more evident than our safety program. It’s the foundation of our business.
We strive toward excellence through efforts to continually improve our safety record. Our goal: Zero injuries. Through our safety training programs, we educate our employees on the proper procedures to ensure their safety, as well as those around them.
Dunn works with subcontractors to ensure that every person working on every project maintains our standards in Safety. Our safety personnel are always accessible—further encouraging employees to bring any concerns to our attention, with the confidence that they’ll be taken seriously, and that a solution will be sought.
Our efforts have paid off: Dunn’s Safety Program has received numerous awards—both from the Associated Builders and Contractors (Alabama Chapter) and the Alabama Department of Industrial Relations. Moreover, Dunn’s EMR is consistently below .80 and the RIR is well below 5.0.
Safety Industry Awards
- ABC Platinum STEP Award
- NAWIC Regional Safety Excellence Award
- State of Alabama Dept. of Industrial Relations Workplace Safety Award of Superior Achievement
- Liberty Mutual Commendation Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- ABC Safest in The Industry Gold Award
- Alabama AGC Mobile Section’s Construction Safety Excellence Award – Industrial Division